What is an EE topic?
What is an EE topic?
The EE is an in-depth study of a focused topic. It gives students the opportunity to: engage in independent research with intellectual initiative, creativity and rigour. reflect on what they have learned throughout the research and writing process.
How do I write my history on EE?
These are the essential steps to writing a successful History Extended Essay:
- Chose a topic.
- Gather resources.
- Begin to research.
- Narrow the topic and formulate a research question.
- Conduct more focused research.
- Create an outline.
- Write the first draft.
- Edit the draft in line with the feedback you have received.
How important is the EE?
The extended essay is highly regarded as a tool to help IB Diploma Programme (DP) students learn the critical thinking skills and processes associated with carrying out research, enabling them to move more comfortably into the realm of universities, colleges and careers.
How many assessment criteria are there in the EE?
How do you end an EE?
Your conclusion should restate your thesis, and never introduce new material. NOTE: In an IB Extended Essay, the conclusion must provide an answer to the research question first stated in the introduction.
How do you get a EE?
Here are some tips:
- Start early.
- READ THE OFFICAL EE GUIDE.
- Remember that your supervisor is not allowed to correct grammar, spelling, or citations- have a peer help you or just sit down and do it yourself.
- Have a good research question.
- This is an essay in which you ANSWER a question.
- 4000 words sounds like a lot.
Does the EE need an abstract?
An abstract not exceeding 300 words must be included with the essay submitted. It does not serve as an introduction, but presents an overview of the extended essay, and should, therefore, be written last. the conclusion(s) of the extended essay. The abstract should be typed, and placed immediately after the title page.
Is it easy to fail the EE?
As Nagori has pointed out, failing the EE is definitely a possibility. One common reason for failing is not following the rules of your chosen subject. Each subject has the right way to write a paper. History essays should be history essays.
How do I choose an EE topic?
3. How to find a topic and start writing your EE!
- Choose a subject.
- Choose a topic area in the subject you are interested in.
- Research the area.
- You do not have to have a perfect title right away.
- Once you’ve got your topic, think about a general theme or thesis you want to analyse or prove.
- Then write.