What is a direct source quote?
What is a direct source quote?
A direct quotation is when you take another person’s words and place them in your own document. These must always be placed inside quotation marks and given appropriate attribution (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc).
How do you identify a direct quote and an indirect quote?
Direct quotation is where the cost of one unit of foreign currency is given in units of local currency, whereas indirect quotation is where the cost of one unit of local currency is given in units of foreign currency.
How do you quote someone?
Proper Punctuation – Quotes
- If you start by telling who said it, use a comma and then the first quotation mark.
- If you put the quote first and then tell who said it, use a comma at the end of the sentence, and then the second quotation mark.
- Punctuation always goes inside the quotation marks if it is a direct quote.
What is direct and indirect quotes?
Exchange rate quotations can be quoted in two ways – Direct quotation and Indirect quotation. Direct quotation is when the one unit of foreign currency is expressed in terms of domestic currency. Similarly, the indirect quotation is when one unit of domestic currency us expressed in terms of foreign currency.
Is this direct or indirect quote in USA and why?
A direct quote is how much domestic currency it takes to purchase one unit of foreign currency. The USD/CAD rate, say 1.35, is the direct quote rate in Canada because it shows how many Canadian dollars it takes to buy one U.S. dollar. To someone in the U.S., this would be an indirect quote.
How do you cite a quote within an article?
In your in-text citation identify the primary source, and include in parentheses “(as cited in Author, Date)”. The reference list will only list the secondary source. In the examples below, Smith’s study is the primary source and Queenan et al. is the secondary (“as cited in”) source.
What is the quote currency?
The quote currency, commonly known as “counter currency,” is the second currency in both a direct and indirect currency pair and is used to determine the value of the base currency. In a direct quote, the quote currency is the foreign currency, while in an indirect quote, the quote currency is the domestic currency.
How do you quote a dollar?
The first currency in the quotation – in this case the euro – is represented by its three-letter symbol, EUR. This is known as the named or base currency. The second currency – in this case the U.S. dollar, shown by its three-letter symbol, USD – is known as the terms or quote currency.
How do you cite a quote that is quoted in an article apa?
Citing a quote within a quote is as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- List the original author’s last name.
- Include the date of publication of the original.
- Add ‘as cited in’ then the name of the work.
- Follow with the publishing date of the cited work.
- List the page the information can be found on.
How do you quote someone in a post?
You can just type your quote into a post and put it in quotation marks, but to really make it stand out and break up your text, try a quote block….How To Put A Quote In Your Post
- Type the quote.
- Highlight the words in your quote.
- Click on the quotation mark icon in your toolbar.
How do you reference an indirect quote?
What is an indirect citation or secondary source?
- Include both the original author and the author of the work where quote/idea was found in the in-text reference.
- Add “as cited in” before the author in the in-text reference.