How do you show customers that you care?
How do you show customers that you care?
15 ways to show your customers that you care
- Give them the occasional treat.
- Shout out to them on social media.
- Don’t be a stickler for the rules.
- Show them that you listen to them.
- Make customer satisfaction everything.
- A personal thank you can go a long way.
- Send them a handwritten note.
- Make your appreciation a public part of your physical location.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The most rewarding aspect of my job is developing my skills and helping to foster the growth of my team. Regardless of the route you take in a career in accounting, you will find yourself working with others.
What is the most difficult thing about working with you?
Strategy: Focus on something that others might find challenging but is really a strength that you would bring to the company. Sample answer: I give 100% and I expect the same from others. I am very driven to succeed and I always give my all in providing the best work and getting things done well before the deadline.
What keeps you motivated everyday?
To stay on track, review your goals when you first wake-up in the morning and start working on one of your most important goals and put a plan in place to achieve that one goal. SUCCESS has some excellent tips on setting powerful goals, such as; Defining your dream and goals. Making your goals S.M.A.R.T.
What motivates me to come to work every day?
The 3 real reasons that motivate us to work hard every day Autonomy: Our desire to direct our own lives. In short: “You probably want to do something interesting, let me get out of your way!” Mastery: Our urge to get better at stuff. Purpose: The feeling and intention that we can make a difference in the world.
How do you motivate employees to go the extra mile?
How to encourage your employees to go the extra mile
- Express your gratitude publicly. Whether it’s a shoutout in a team meeting or a social media post, expressing your gratitude publicly builds loyalty and employee engagement.
- Treat your employees regularly.
- Listen to employee feedback.
- Bring employees on the journey.
What keeps you motivated in your work?
meeting deadlines, targets or goals. mentoring and coaching others. learning new things. coming up with creative ideas to improve something, or make something new.
How do you answer what will be your biggest challenge in this position?
For example, you could say: “the biggest challenge will be getting to know the members of the team. I’m used to working with a large and diverse team and thrive on finding the best in my colleagues.” Or: “the biggest challenge in this job is keeping pace with technological change in this industry.
What are the most difficult elements of your job?
The most difficult thing for me is sitting idle at my job. I never understood the concept of finding a job where the work is less. According to my theory the only thing worst then more work is no work. Passing your time sitting idle is one of the hardest thing i have ever done in my life.
What is the toughest situation you faced?
Interview Q&A: Describe Some Of The Toughest Situations You’ve Faced In This Job
- Be positive.
- Be honest.
- Give examples.
- Be encouraging.
- Do not read too much into the question.
- Don’t focus too much on the negative part of this question.
- Do not avoid answering the question.
- Avoid rushing.
What motivates her to keep going?
Answer: Her motivation is money. She thought tennis that it is a business and sport . But the most important thing she wanted to become no 1 in the world.
What motivates employees to go the extra mile?
In a recent study, Tinypulse asked employees what would motivate them to go that “extra mile.” The top three responses were: Camaraderie and peer motivation (20%) Intrinsic desire to do a good job (17%) Feeling encouraged and recognized (13%)
What do I like least about my job?
How to answer “What do you like least about your current job? ‘
- Discuss a positive aspect of your previous role.
- Talk about tasks and situations when highlighting your dislikes.
- Acknowledge the current status of your job situation.
- Discuss your potential and skills that show your qualifications for the job.
How do you motivate a team to improve performance?
20 Simple Ways to Increase Motivation in the Workplace
- Recognize great work. One of the most important factors that contribute to employee motivation is how often their hard work is recognized.
- Set small, measurable goals.
- Celebrate results.
- Stay positive.
- Stay fueled.
- Take regular breaks.
- Stay healthy.
- See and share the big picture.
How do you figure out what motivates you?
To find what motivates you, you have to do some self-examination and get honest about how you’ve gotten to where you are and how you will get to where you want to go next. “When considering motivators, it is helpful for people to think of times when they were excited and motivated to accomplish tasks,” Fendley says.
What was the toughest challenge you have ever faced?
The toughest challenge I’ve ever faced is the ongoing challenge of coping with the strong and diverse personalities of family, friends and work colleagues, while encouraging them to be the best they can be, while achieving goals; keeping peace; maintaining a sense of humour and not losing sight of who you are and your …
What keeps you motivated to keep going?
Getting motivated Here are some tips: Set yourself one specific, achievable goal. Break your goal into small, easy tasks and set regular reminders. Use your family and friends as support – tell them about your goals and encourage them to help keep you motivated.
What elements of your job interests you the most?
- helping others.
- enjoying doing work.
- our desire to become successful.
- the person’s whom we help will thank us.
- we get blessings from the person’s whom we helped.
- working place is our home..
How do you handle working with people who annoy you?
Here are seven ways to handle your most irritating co-workers:
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Find a common interest.
- Try to ignore their flaws.
- Kill them with kindness.
- Politely reject their attention.
- Be assertive.