How do I stop expecting and start accepting?
How do I stop expecting and start accepting?
Let not your expectations stop them from being free in your world. Allow them to surprise you and in all those unexpected moments you will find joy and happiness. Accept everyone as they are and stop expecting them to be who you want them to be.
What does it mean to have an expectation?
An expectation is a belief about what might happen in the future, like your expectation to stay close with your best friends your whole life. Expectation can also describe something that is supposed to happen, like a teacher whose expectation is that everyone comes to class prepared.
Can we love someone without expecting anything?
When you love someone, you give without expecting anything in return. People often confuse acts of kindness with love. Love has no expectations, so betrayal is not possible. Betrayal is only possible when an exchange is expected.
What do they say about expectations?
“If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.” “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”
What is the word for giving without expecting anything in return?
Being selfless is similar to being altruistic — another word for giving to others without looking for personal gain. If you give time, money, or things to other people without expecting something in return, that’s selfless.
What do you call someone who expects something in return?
Quid Pro Quo something that is given to you or done for you in return for something you have given to or done for someone else.
How do you kill expectations?
How to Defeat Expectations
- Put your oxygen mask first: The first step to getting rid of expectations is to treat yourself kindly.
- Adjust the Way You Think. You cannot control what others think about you, but you can choose how you talk to yourself.
- Speak Up.
- Free Yourself and Free Others.
- Stop Judging, Stop Expecting.
What is the synonyms of exceed?
Some common synonyms of exceed are excel, outdo, outstrip, surpass, and transcend. While all these words mean “to go or be beyond a stated or implied limit, measure, or degree,” exceed implies going beyond a limit set by authority or established by custom or by prior achievement.
What is a good example of going above and beyond?
Here are some examples of things people do when going above and beyond the call of duty: Working overtime and/or weekends with or without being asked. Doing something outside your job description because a responsible party was unavailable.
How do you go above and beyond in customer service?
8 Practical Tactics To Provide Above And Beyond Customer Service
- Let individual customer needs determine the experience.
- Get customer feedback through multiple channels.
- Use technology as a tool to enhance the customer experience.
- Make the most of social media.
- Create experiences with real people not ‘brands’ or ‘companies’
- Act with urgency.
How do you love someone without expecting anything in return?
Here are little ways to love without expectation.
- Love yourself first—totally and unequivocally.
- Believe and have faith in the good intentions of that person you love.
- Accept that person just as they are.
- Smile, laugh and spend more time with that person, exploring new and challenging activities together.
What should you not expect in a relationship?
Don’t put your private affairs on social media. Everyone doesn’t need to know everything because everyone is then allowed to have an opinion on your relationship. Unhappy people are waiting for you to be unhappy as well, don’t give them the satisfaction. Don’t expect your partner to be a mind reader.
What does beyond my expectations mean?
much more or much better than expected over
What happens when expectations are not met?
However, when one’s expectations are not met, it can result in tremendous disappointment, frustration, and resentment (e.g., my crankiness at the unseasonable weather). One’s expectations can be set by past experiences or by an idealized fantasy of what one wants to have happen (such as my memories of fall growing up).
What does it mean to go beyond?
: to do more than (something) : to do more than is expected or required We need to go beyond merely talking about the problem. She went beyond the call of duty.
What is the difference between above and beyond?
Beyond” means “further than”, while “above” means “higher than”. There isn’t much of a difference when you’re using the two terms figuratively, but when you mean them literally, there is one. If something’s above a house, it’s on or over the roof.
How do you exceed expectations?
So how do you exceed Customer expectations?
- Understand Why Customers Contact You. This is the first port of call when trying to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Be Proactive, Not Reactive.
- Doing The Unexpected.
- Personalize Each Interaction.
- Help Customers Understand Your Technology.
- Create Consistency Across All Channels.
How do expectations affect us?
A growing body of research shows that expectations can influence everything from our perception of taste and enjoyment of experiences to our performance on specific tasks. And it’s not just our own expectations that matter, but the expectations of those around us too.
Is it wrong to have expectations?
Studies show that it’s actually good to have high expectations when it comes to your relationship. It’s healthy to have expectations of respect, affection, intimacy, time together, etc. Being in a healthy relationship means you are getting your needs met by a person you love and trust. It’s good to have expectations.
What does above expectations mean?
ABOVE EXPECTATIONS; describes a piece of work that reflects all of the Features of Quality for the Classroom-Based Assessment very well. IN LINE WITH EXPECTATIONS describes a piece of work that reflects most of the Features of Quality for the Classroom-Based Assessment well.
How do you stop expecting from someone?
9 Things You Need to Stop Expecting From Others
- Don’t expect people to agree every time you speak.
- Don’t expect others to acknowledge you when you berate yourself.
- Don’t expect others to respect you when you don’t respect yourself.
- Don’t expect others to tell you what to do when you have no idea what you want.
- Don’t expect others to stay when they’re ready to go.