How restart Xinetd Linux?
How restart Xinetd Linux?
To do a graceful restart type: sudo killall -HUP xinetd (this will affect all xinetd instances). A normal restart will affect all active sessions and will interrupt them.
What is Nrpe service?
NRPE. Nagios Remote Plugin Executor (NRPE) is a Nagios agent that allows remote system monitoring using scripts that are hosted on the remote systems. It allows for monitoring of resources such as disk usage, system load or the number of users currently logged in.
How stop Xinetd service in Linux?
3.3. Enabling/Disabling a Service (xinetd)
- Problem. You want to prevent a specific TCP service from being invoked on your system by xinetd .
- Solution. If the service’s name is “myservice,” locate its configuration in /etc/xinetd.d/myservice or /etc/xinetd.conf and add: disable = yes.
- See Also.
How do I start Nagios service in Linux?
Starting and Stopping Nagios
- Init Script: The easiest way to start the Nagios daemon is by using the init script like so: /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios start.
- Manually: You can start the Nagios daemon manually with the -d command line option like so: /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg.
How do I know if xinetd is running?
To determine the state and start the xinetd service: Log into the ESX host using an SSH client. For more information, see Opening a command or shell prompt (1003892). Run service xinetd status again to verify the service is now running.
Where are the configuration files located for services that xinetd manages?
conf and configuration of the services it supports reside in configuration files stored in the /etc/xinetd. d directory. The configuration for each service usually includes a switch to control whether xinetd should enable or disable the service.
How do I check my Nrpe?
Step 1 – Configure NRPE on Linux Host
- Step 1.1 – Install NRPE. Firstly we would require installing nrpe service on remote Linux system, which we need to monitor through Nagios server.
- Step 1.2 – Configure NRPE.
- Step 1.3 – Verify Connectivity from Nagios.
What is the latest version of Nrpe?
At the time of writing, the latest version of NRPE was 3.2. 1. Install the NRPE plugin. You’ll need to create a command definition in one of your Nagios object configuration files in order to use the check_nrpe plugin.
What is xinetd Service Linux?
In computer networking, xinetd (Extended Internet Service Daemon) is an open-source super-server daemon which runs on many Unix-like systems and manages Internet-based connectivity. It offers a more secure alternative to the older inetd (“the Internet daemon”), which most modern Linux distributions have deprecated.